Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My holiday


My 09’ holiday


After the birth of my kids everything changed - the style of spending my holiday as well. Diving, climbing in the mountains, visiting remote places - forget it! Now it is easier to adjust my holidays to my kids - it makes them happy and for me and my husband it means relaxing a little bit.


This year I discovered something brilliant – villages for the whole families. In this kind of places each member of the family can find something for himself - and the most fantastic thing-babysitting of your child (3-4 hours per day) is included in the price!


On the internet I found and chose a great place - Grimaud – Les Restanques Village du Golfe de Saint-Tropez in France (Cote d’Azur). And it was exactly what I was looking for!

The complex was beautiful. The view amazing – our villa had a lovely garden and a view of the mountains (the village is built on the hillside). The village is located close to Grimaund with a great choice of white sandy beaches within a 5-minute drive and nice restaurants.

For families with children it is an ideal place with a lot of space for them to explore. There were three swimming pools; my twins just loved the wave pool with the wave machine, one jacuzzi, artificial beach with the sun beds, tennis and a lake with all kinds of water sports. Additionally there was a nice, well maintained playground shaded by trees. We cannot forget about the activities for tired mothers - like yoga, pilates, and for exhausted fathers: a bar with nice drinks?:)

During our stay we made a nice trip to Saint-Tropez, my husband insisted on making some pictures (illegally) in front of the local police station - well known from the comedies with his favourite actor - Louis de Funes (“Le gendarme de Saint-Tropez”). And - of course we couldn’t resist having a nice trip along the coast to admire the beautiful residences of famous people.

The weather was perfect. Can you imagine 14 days of cloudless skies with temperature in the 30’s?

The whole stay was really big fun. My favourite part was an evening romantic dinner in Grimaund, my least favourite part was having to leave;(

No comments:

Post a Comment